The happiness you seek is waiting in another cookie! Or is it? One thing is certain: fortune cookies are the most ingenious biscuits there are. They know the future, are sometimes amazingly wise and serene or cheeky and put us in a good mood and make us laugh. Bet these 100 best fortune cookie sayings will put a smile on your face?
It’s New Year’s Eve, and soon we’ll be heading for a hot pot at a friend’s house. This year, I didn’t have enough time to bake fortune cookies myself, so I folded some at the last minute. After all, the biscuit is only the wrapping in this case, what’s important is what’s inside. And for this, I went to great lengths to find brilliant and funny sayings. And to make it quicker next year, I have prepared something for you: Two lists with a total of 100 fortune cookie sayings to print out for free. They are divided into funny fortune cookie sayings, sayings for motivation and wisdom and oracle sayings. Just print them out, choose your favourite sayings and cut them out. 🙂
You can find my instructions for making fortune biscuits out of paper here!
Not only fortune cookies know the future! Do you already know the funny gummy bear oracle?
How to You Make Fortune Biscuits Yourself?
You can either bake fortune biscuits yourself or fold them out of paper. The former tastes better and takes about an hour of preparation time and the latter is quicker. Both are worth the effort for me, because homemade tastes a thousand times better than the bought, soggy cardboard biscuits and folding them yourself is quick and a great alternative when you have to be quick and don’t have time to bake. The biggest advantage, however, is that you can choose the sayings yourself. And that’s what all the fun with the fortune biscuits is about: the funny, warm-hearted or wise oracle that is hidden inside and causes laughter.
Bake Crispy Fortune Biscuits Yourself: Recipe for 30 Fortune Cookies
Home-baked happiness tastes better than store-bought happiness
45g butter, 3 egg whites, 60g icing sugar, 60g flour
- Draw 3 circles 8 cm in diameter on a piece of baking paper.
- Break up the butter, beat the egg whites until stiff, mix the butter and icing sugar, add the icing sugar and mix the ingredients together. Then sift the flour on top and fold it in until the dough is smooth. Spoon 1.5 tsp of batter onto the pre-painted circles, smooth with a knife and bake in the oven at 180°C top/bottom heat for 5 minutes.
- Put the cut-out fortune cookie sayings for the 3 biscuits ready, fold them and take the tray out of the oven.
- Immediately place a saying in the centre of each biscuit, fold the biscuit halves over each other and fold the ends together over a glass rim.
- Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack and weigh them down with a knife to keep their shape.
Tip: Don’t leave the fortune biscuits out overnight, but store them in a tin once they have cooled. This will keep them crispy for about 3 months!
100 Best Fortune Cookie Sayings: The Funny and Wise Heart of the Cookie
Fortune cookie sayings inside, paper biscuit outside
25 Funny Fortune Cookie Sayings
- Beware of gossip in the workplace! Stay out of other people’s business.
- Little weight fluctuations announce themselves. Better switch from wine and chocolate to tea and fruit.
- Sometimes you lose, sometimes others win.
- Getting up early is the first step in the wrong direction!
- Beware that your sensitivity leads to a snivelling attitude from which you eat too many bars of chocolate.
- Smiling is the most charming way to show your teeth to your opponent.
- When everyone thinks of themselves, everyone is thought of.
- The happiness you are looking for is in another biscuit!
- Love is eating the chocolate all by yourself so that your partner doesn’t get fat.
- He who sticks his head in the sand is recognised by his backside.
- What you can uncork today, don’t put off until tomorrow.
- Home is where you are allowed to be stupid!
- You have everything in you that you need for your unhappiness.
- Whenever you start planning your future, fate falls off the chair laughing in the background.
- You feel the power within you. But it could also be hunger…
- When life turns you down, go shopping.
- Your plants are not dead, they just grow crispy.
- There are two paths in life that will open many doors for you: Pull and push.
- Distance is nothing. Being close is a matter of the heart.
- Never let anything pass your lips or your hands do what your heart cannot bear.
- Today is not your day. Tomorrow, unfortunately, is not either.
- Better learn to comb your streak of bad luck into a nice hairstyle.
- The dishes can wait. Life can’t!
- Love is the only thing that doesn’t get less if we waste it. (Ricarda Huch)
- There are people who are worse off than you. Even if they are very, very few.
25 Fortune Cookie Sayings for Motivation
- It doesn’t get easier. You get better.
- You don’t know your limits until you’ve grown beyond them.
- We can’t change the wind, but we can set the sails differently.
- Everything that happens is an invitation to grow.
- Start with what is necessary, then do what is possible – and suddenly you will do the impossible. (Francis of Assisi)
- Be stronger than your strongest excuse!
- Even skyscrapers started out as basements.
- Fate shuffles the cards, but you play!
- The butterfly often forgets that it was once a caterpillar.
- Everything that has been achieved in the world has been done out of hope. (Martin Luther)
- The best time is NOW.
- Those who don’t want to, find reasons. Whoever wants to, finds ways.
- If you want to be beautiful, you have to laugh.
- If you want to give up, remember why you started.
- Everybody said: It can’t be done. Someone came who didn’t know that and just did it.
- Do something today that you can be proud of tomorrow.
- A smile costs less than electricity and gives more light.
- Happiness likes to enter a house where there is good humour. (Japanese proverb)
- Doubt shatters more dreams than any mistake you make.
- You can change the future with what you do today.
- Do not despair if you are not a professional. An amateur built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.
- If you want to fly, you have to let go of what pulls you down.
- A diamond is a piece of coal that had endurance!
- A great man is one who does not lose his child’s heart.
- It’s never too late to become what you might have been. (George Eliot)
50 Wisdoms and Oracle Sayings for the Future
- Turn your face to the sun and the shadows will fall behind you. (Chinese proverb)
- Pay more attention to facts, not to your dream images, so that success will finally come.
- Drill the well before you are thirsty.
- To perceive things is the seed of intelligence. (Lao Tzu)
- You can choose between truth and tranquillity, but you cannot have both at the same time. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- If we believe something to be the absolute truth, and if we cling to it, then we are no longer open. (Thich Nhat Hanh)
- The grass does not grow faster if you pull on it!
- As soon as your heart wants its material desires fulfilled, you should hold on to your fantasies.
- Your love problems will vanish into thin air on their own, your worries are unfounded.
- The most valuable thing in life is time. To live is to manage time properly. (Bruce Lee)
- Don’t give up until you have won others over. Your high standards will then pay off.
- Whoever fights can lose, whoever does not fight has already lost! (Berthold Brecht)
- Allow yourself a little craziness, it will work like medicine!
- Play with your cards on the table, then you will feel better.
- In your love life you can look forward to lots of romance and the stars are good for a baby that will make history.
- Now is the perfect time to take that trip you’ve always wanted to take. Great things await you!
- Don’t be afraid to go slow, but be afraid to stop.
- If you know your path, you don’t have to make a new decision at every crossroads. (Chinese wisdom)
- The time has finally come. Creativity now wants to be lived out professionally and you are guaranteed to be very successful.
- Pay attention to your thoughts, they are the beginning of your deeds. (Chinese proverb)
- Follow the work and don’t let it follow you. (Japanese proverb)
- When it comes to the freedom of your heart, a man plays an important role.
- A purchase will set the course for your future.
- You are responsible not only for what you do, but also for what you don’t do.
- It is impressive how unswervingly you pursue your goals. It’s finally paying off.
- Why are you holding on to an old love when you have long known what you need for your personal happiness?
- In the midst of all the confusion, you need to find the simple. (Albert Einstein)
- It is high time to take the wind out of your enemies’ sails.
- Through recklessness one loses the roots, through restlessness one loses the overview. (Lao Tzu)
- You are born to achieve great things if you know how to defeat yourself. (loosely based on Bruce Lee)
- If you want what you have never had, then do what you have never done.
- True words are often not pleasant, pleasant words are often not true.
- Many things just fall into your lap now. Don’t take a wait-and-see attitude, but get down to business!
- What you want to ignite in others must burn in you.
- To give meaning to your life, you have to stop running away from your destiny.
- Your only real enemies are your negative thoughts.
- Criticism is an expensive luxury for those who aspire to the top.
- Don’t ruin what is good for you!
- Before you set out to change the world, go through your own house three times. (Chinese proverb)
- You can tell the strength in a feeling by the sacrifices you are willing to make for it. (Chinese wisdom)
- He who wakes the tiger must not complain when it roars.
- He who accumulates many treasures has much to lose. (Lao Tzu)
- You are in for a great time and nothing can throw you off course now.
- He who sees the sky in the water sees the fish in the trees. (Chinese proverb)
- The true scholar is not ashamed to ask even those who are beneath him. (Lao Tzu)
- He who does not think about the future will not have one.
- There are more important things in life than constantly increasing its speed. (Mahatma Gandhi)
- Only children, fools and very old people can afford always to tell the truth. (Winston Churchill)
- One joy drives away a hundred sorrows. (Chinese proverb)
- Many roads lead to the top of a mountain, but the view remains the same. (Chinese proverb)
Fortune cookies are not only perfect for New Year’s Eve but for every festive occasion! Just like a fortune cookie, Abenteuer Freundschaft has many surprising, funny, warm-hearted surprises for you for every great moment and the most important days of the year, just waiting to be discovered. Browse through our ideas for home parties or get brilliant ideas for activities with friends, families and your partner?
If you like our page, we’d love to get your likes on Facebook and Instagram. 😉
*There are affiliate links in this article. This means that if you buy an item via such a link, Abenteuer Freundschaft will receive a small commission. However, the product will not cost you a cent more.