With this rules your horror movie drinking game will be great fun. The pulse quickens and even the most absurd flick becomes a funny or fatal shocker!
Horror movies and drinking games, it’s like vanilla ice cream and chocolate sprinkles, like sandy beach with palm trees, like Christmas with snow – both just go incredibly well together. The simple reason: both are about who lies flat on the floor first! 😉
But seriously, horror movies are just wonderful for drinking games, if only because the genre elicits violent reactions from some viewers. And even the trashiest horror movies, where one cliché follows another, can become a lot of fun if you have enough genie in the bottle at home, sit down with the right friends and play the horror movie drinking game according to our 25 gruesome good rules!
A perfect occasion for a horror movie drinking game at movie night is Halloween. In keeping with the theme, Abenteuer Freundschaft also has Halloween drinking games. But hand on heart, if we have our way, you should definitely play the horror movie drinking game much more often than just once a year on Halloween!
This Is What You Need for Your Horror Movie Drinking Game
- The right movie! There are several options here: either you go for an absolute classic like Nightmare on Elm Street, The Exorcist, Halloween, Friday the 13th or Scream. Or you can choose from the (online) video store of your trust the horror movie that sounds the crappiest, trashiest and most absurd. For maximum fun and thorough diaphragm massages at the horror movie drinking game, this is often not the worst option! 😉
- Enough alcohol that all players like. Funny is also when the drink fits the horror movie, for example, looks like blood or is poison green.
- Our 25 gruesome good rules
Our 4 recommendations for new horror movies:
25 Really Good Rules for Your Horror Movie Drinking Game
There are 2 types of rules: one related to what happens on screen, in other words, in the film, and the other related to the reactions of those present. In our experience, it is the mixture that makes the special charm!
12 Horror Movie Drinking Game Rules Where Everyone Have to Drink
- Every time there is a sudden loud or scary sound that is meant to scare the audience, but where nothing bad actually happens, everyone must drink a sip. Whoever flinches or cries out, drinks twice!
- Every time the phone rings and a mysterious caller is on the line, everyone must drink!
- Every time someone drinks alcohol in the movie, everyone has to take a sip!
- When drinking to excess in the horror movie, all players must empty their glass in one go.
- Every time a person screams loudly in the movie, everyone must drink.
- Every time one of the main characters receives an urgent warning about evil but just won’t listen, everyone must take 3 punishment drinks on their behalf.
- Every time 2 characters make out, a romance or sex scene develops 2 couples have to find each other and ex each other’s glass!
- Every time one of the victims grabs a kitchen knife or stabbing weapon, everyone must drink!
- Every time someone goes down to the basement, up to the attic, into a secret passage or a hidden room, everyone must drink!
- Every time technology fails in the movie for no good reason, e.g. the phone, the electricity, the car, the lawn mower, everyone has to drink 3 sips.
- All must exen their glass if someone you thought was dead, later reappears alive.
- When someone in the movie undresses, everyone must remove an article of clothing and and to compensate for heat loss take a deep sip from the glass.
13 Horror Movie Drinking Game Rules Where Victims Must Drink
- Before the movie starts, everyone puts their license on the table. You decide who has the most stupid photo on it. That person is the victim and must drink during each scene where the victims flee in the car.
- Everyone who is caught closing their eyes, looking away or hiding their face during a shocking scene must immediately drink 3 large punishing sips.
- Every time the character(s) make a stupid decision where it is now already clear that it will lead to their doom, they must all take 3 sips.
- Every time one of the players says shit, he must take a penalty sip.
- Every time someone complains about the quality of the movie, he has to drink 2 penalty sips. And whoever complains about this rule must exen a full glass!
- It’s bromance time! Two guys celebrating their friendship, patting each other on the back, hugging or bumping their chests together in bro-check. Guys, grab a bro, fold your arms in each other in a brotherly fashion and take a deep drink to your bromance.
- Two women bitch at each other. Girls, get together in pairs and drink as chick-like as possible the glass of the other empty.
- If a male character dies in the movie, all the men have to drink, if a woman dies, all the women drink.
- In addition, all players must drink a sip who have the same or similar hair color as the victim. (If bald, of course, only bald heads).
- At the latest after 20 minutes, everyone has to give a hint who the murderer is and write down a number on a post-it, which he puts next to him. Whoever guessed the murderer correctly, triumphs at some point: because each teammate must drink as many shots as he had written down and in addition the number that the winner has noted. All who have guessed correctly do not have to drink anything.
- Everyone can spontaneously make a guess as to what is about to happen. If he is right, all the others have to drink 3 sips, he is wrong he drinks 6. (Applies only if all do not know the film).
- Who rustles too loudly with the chip bag or something umschmeisst or loudly farts must immediately take a penalty sip.
- Who laughs at a scene as the only one, must take a penalty sip.
With these hardcore horror movie drinking game rules, even the crappiest flick is an experience. And if that’s just your thing, check out our other drinking games at Abenteuer Freundschaft from drinking games based on popular cult series to TV drinking games!
Stay up to date with our latest game tips! On Abenteuer Freundschaft, you can get ideas for special activities with friends, partner and family!
Image source Cover photo: Ghostface(s) by Miguel Castaneda at CC BY-SA 2.0.
*Affiliate links: if you order products through them, we receive a small commission. The price remains the same.