How often do you ask yourselves the question: What are we doing today? We have the answer! Today we present you the 101 best, coolest & most exciting activities to leave the house for.
Finally, it’s the weekend, vacation or vacation! You and your friends, partner or family want to do something great – but don’t know what. The big question is: What are we going to do today?
And there are many answers to this question… And a decisive switch, which depends significantly on weather, season and mood, is the question that follows: Do we go out or stay in?
For this reason, we have written 2 lists: the one below for all the leisure activities for which you leave the house and a second list that answers the question: What are we doing at home today?
Use our lists to find out what the right answer to the question “What are we doing today?” is for you!
Tip: If you’re looking for tips on what to do with friends during the seasons, check out our seasonal websites in the search box. There you’ll find summer activities, spring activities, autumn activities, and winter activities.
What Are We Doing Today? – 101 Answers
What Are We Doing Today in the City?
What are we doing today…. in the city?
- Climb together on a tower or a high building and enjoy the view
- Or take off completely and float with a balloon ride over the roofs of your city
- Go window shopping and do some real shopping again
- Start today with Urban Gardening
- Take a bike tour through the city
- Try a new and funny trend sport together, e.g. slacklining, piloxing or even crazy crunning
- Go shopping together at the weekly market and choose food that at least one of you has never tried before to cook afterwards
- Photo safari: think about one or more awesome locations, pack a few outfits and a good camera and go for it!
- Take a trip to the Botanical Gardens – We have 3 offbeat tips for you on how to make your trip to the Botanical Gardens memorable with a challenge.
- Have a picnic in the park or on the riverbank
- Chill in the park: just spread out a blanket or stretch hammocks between 2 trees
- Play awesome outdoor throwing games in the park or Ultimate Frisbee for example
- Take part in an outdoor yoga workout
- Barbecue together on the balcony, in the garden or a designated barbecue area in the park.
- …or organize a real barbecue challenge – it’s great fun! 😉
- Bright sun and heat? Get out the folding chairs and get tanned and sizzle! (but please don’t forget sunscreen)
- Go to the animal shelter and walk a dog
- Do something good: e.g. help with the food distribution in a refugee home
- Make a surprise visit to a mutual friend together and bring him something special.
- Go on a pub discovery tour through your neighborhood or city: Try out new pubs or, for example, make a resolution to always walk straight ahead and try out the pubs that are on your way.
- Take part in a pub quiz: many pubs have regular events like bingo nights and quiz nights that are fun and you can even win something!
- Play darts or billiards in a quaint corner pub
What Do We Do Today to Enjoy and Relax
- Relax together during a wellness day in the thermal bath, sauna or hammam
- Have a beauty day: visit a massage salon together, go to a manicure or a hairdresser.
- Our special secret tip for relaxation: go floating together!
- Take a trip to an outdoor or indoor pool
- Go for an extensive brunch
- Visit an ice cream parlor you’ve never been to and try an ice cream flavor you’ve never had before.
- Try an unusual restaurant, such as a dark restaurant….
- …or go to a mystery dinner
- Be hearty: sit down in a Bavarian beer garden and order pretzels, veal sausages and good Bavarian beer.
- Experience real epicurean dreams by tasting fine whiskey, rum or gin
What Are We Doing Today Cultural and to Discover Something New?
- Why don’t you go to the museum again? What do you mean, it’s boring? With the Museum Challenge, visiting a museum is fun even for kids or museum buffs!
- Go to the theater again…
- …or to a musical
- …or to the opera
- Go to a classical concert
- …or a great Rock concert, Pop concert, Hiphop concert, Jazz concert
- Go to a club to party until the doctor comes
- Visits a vernissage, gallery or art exhibition
- Take a trip into history: visit a castle, the city palace or a historical building like the birthplace of a great poet
- Visits a planetarium and travels into the vastness of the universe
- Go to the zoo
- Visit a large aquarium
- Browse flea markets for hidden treasures! For friends with kids or fun with fancy games you can find our flea market challenge here. You have never explored a flea market like this before 😉
- Visit a festival, a fair or a street festival in your city / region. Especially in summer there are special events in bigger cities like Berlin, Munich or Hamburg almost every weekend.
- …and then do our street festival rally there
- Cinema under the stars: go to the Open Air Cinema
- Experience cinema in a different way and go to a special cinema, e.g. a 3D megacinema, a drive-in cinema or a luxury cinema like the Astor Film Lounges in Berlin, Cologne, Munich or Frankfurt a.M.
- Take a short trip to another city that none of you knows yet – also bookable via mydays
- Discover a whole new side of your own city on a scavenger hunt for adults
- Try out a city detective story
- Take a street art tour: in larger cities you can literally find art on the street. Well-known artists from the scene such as Banksy have also sprayed in Berlin, for example!
- Get to know your city from a new side with a thematic tour like Berlin before the fall of the wall, culinary Berlin, Berlin in the 19th century etc.
- Do a get-to-know-your-neighborhood tour or get-to-know-your-city tour.
- Go on a night hike through the city, preferably without a fixed destination. Walk along paths and take turns that you have never taken before and discover unknown streets and places.
What Are We Doing Today for Excitement?
- Experience a thrilling indoor adventure at a Room Escape Game
- Engage in an action-packed battle while playing paintball
- Play a round of miniature golf outdoors
- …or go indoor black light mini golfing and dive into a colorful glowing dream world…
- …or experience one while playing laser tag
- Try indoor skydiving / bodyflying
- Go bouldering in a climbing hall
- …or climbing in a high ropes course
- Go inline skating or skating together
- Go bowling and make a Big Lebowski 😉
- Explore your city during a CSI-training
- …or experience a whole crime weekend where you solve a case as a team
What Are We Doing Today Out in Nature?
What are we going to do today in nature?
- Go for a bike ride in the countryside, to a lake, a place with a beautiful view etc. Here you can find a checklist for the bike tour with friends, with everything you need for it.
- Go berry picking: Pick strawberries, blueberries or raspberries together (and prepare them afterwards).
- Or you collect beautiful leaves, flowers and twigs and make something out of them at home (tip for outing with kids)
- Go mushroom hunting: For this recreational activity, you should at least be able to identify great edible mushrooms like chanterelle and porcini without a doubt. Then mushroom picking is a leisure activity with a real culinary highlight!
- Take an extended hike. With these tips, hiking with friends will be unique!
- If you live near a mountain, take a mountain tour and stop at a rustic mountain hut or alpine pasture
- Go outdoor climbing on a natural cliff (but only if you have previous experience).
- Identify plants during a trip into nature, e.g. with a free app
- Go camping and leave the everyday life behind you at camping
- Go swimming together, e.g. at a bathing lake, river or sea.
- Go on a canoe trip
- …or a boat trip with rubber dinghy or rowing boat
- Dare to do something and have a lot of fun with white water rafting or canyoning!
- Go sailing together or take a sailing course if you don’t know how to do it
- Try the water fun blobbing
- Are you adrenaline junkies? Maybe today is the day to finally try bungee jumping!
- …or hang gliding
- …or paragliding
- Organize a theme day. What is it? Here you can find a wicked experience report for the jungle test theme day
- For real outdoor freaks: practice survival camping: how long will you survive without civilization?
- Try geocaching, the scavenger hunt with GPS
- Go on a night hike in nature
- Organize a spontaneous party in the countryside with campfire, stick bread and great food
- Try out a barefoot trail or walk barefoot in a meadow
- Make a outdoor forest game…
- …or a fantasy rally outdoors, like our Game of Thrones fan game of the series
- Make your own friendship rings
- Go horseback riding, on horses…or llamas or camels
- Get up close and personal with animals, like huskey trekking
- Go on a wine hike
- Windy day? Perfect! Fly a kite
- Go zorbing through the countryside
- Visit a dripstone cave or even do some real cave trekking
You’re still wondering: what are we going to do out today? At Abenteuer Freundschaft you will find a lot of ideas for spending your free time together: check out the activities with friends, activities for two or activities with kids, depending on what you are looking for! 🙂
Stay up to date and follow Abenteuer Freundschaft on Facebook and Instagram!
Winding alleys, half-timbered houses, secluded meadows on the banks of the Kocher River, open-air theater and free top-class art from the Würth Collection - that's why a trip to Schwäbisch Hall is worthwhile.
An abandoned diner in the middle of the Nevada desert. The mission: thwart the world domination of the Illuminati! Find out here whether you can expect an extraterrestrial experience at the Alien Grill.
The West Tour by Kajak Berlin Tours took us on the Landwehr Canal from Kreuzberg through Mitte past Potsdamer Platz to Tiergarten. Find out here if it's worth it for you!
Bunk beds and barred windows - a prison is truly not a cosy place. That was all the more motivation for us to break out of this Escape Room as quickly as possible!
We tested the iCombat Tactical system at Lasergame Berlin, the most realistic laser tag in the world! Find out who it's worth it for and what to expect here.
Strategic play, fast-paced action, exciting team battles - at Lasergame Berlin we tested various systems and games. Read here what we liked best!