How well do you really know your friends? In this question game for friends, you can discover new sides of even your best and longest friends and learn some long-buried secrets!
Good friends often know you better than you know yourself. Many times I’ve experienced doing something or making a decision that was new to me at that moment, for example, and then when I announced it to my friends as big news, they weren’t surprised at all, they just said, “It was kind of obvious!”
The closer you are friends and the longer you know each other, the more you know about a friend. You know the characteristics (good and bad) pretty well and in most cases you also know quite well about their life story, likes and dislikes, opinions and attitudes. And in close friendships, you also share many a secret with each other. After all, that’s what real friends are for, so that you can confide in them things that you would otherwise not dare to tell anyone.
But still: even best friends or friends who have known each other since kindergarten don’t know everything about each other. And that is, of course, a good thing in principle. Everyone has a right to their own little private secrets that only they know.
However, there are also many harmless but highly exciting things that even good friends often don’t know about each other. Learning these secrets doesn’t hurt anyone either, but they do make for one or two amusing aha moments. The following question game for friends is primarily intended to provide funny surprises and serve as entertainment. At the same time, you can also get to know each other even better and thus deepen your friendship.
The game consists of questions and suggestions for different rules. You can expand and change both as you wish. Have fun! 🙂
Do you already know our tough questions and tasks for Truth or Dare? Or the raunchy game Truth Strip, which is about nothing but the relentlessly naked truth? The game The Moment of Truth, on the other hand, is about finding out how well you really know your friends…
Question Game for Friends – 50 Questions to Get To Know Them Better
- What experience do you spontaneously associate with me?
- What is my most annoying quality? Be honest! 😉
- And now please my most endearing quality…? 😀
- What are 3 things we have in common?
- Did you skip school in the past and if so, why?#
- Who was your favourite teacher at school and why?
- What was your favourite toy as a child?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Can you remember what you dreamt about at night when you were a child?
- In what ways are you like your mother and in what ways like your father?
- Did you ever steal anything and if so, what was the most valuable thing?
- Are you currently learning something new, and if so, what?
- If you had to give up one of your senses, which would it be?
- Do you have a secret vice? Which one?
- Are you a good loser?
- Do you prefer to be the centre of attention in a group or do you prefer to stay in the background?
- What do you think is the ideal age?
- What could I do to make you really angry?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever experienced?
- Is there a conspiracy theory you believe in?
- Which characteristic do you like the most about yourself, and which the least?
- Which quality do you appreciate most in other people, which one repels you the most?
- Do you regularly inform yourself about politics?
- What was the best concert you have ever been to?
- What film have you seen the most in your life?
- What are you willing to spend a lot of money on?
- What kind of shop can you spend hours in?
- What costs you the most in your everyday life?
- Would you do a tandem skydive if it was given to you?
- Assuming you could turn back time to an earlier point in your life, would you do it? And what would you do differently?
- If you could wish for one (realistic) trait or talent, what would it be?
- If you could wish for a superpower, what would it be?
- Imagine that heaven consists of reliving one day of your life over and over again, which one would you choose?
- If you were chancellor for one day, what would you do?
- Would you like to be immortal?
- Assuming you find a book in which your whole life is written down, including your future. Would you look into it?
- With which person would you like to have dinner sometime?
- Which 3 songs are the soundtrack of your life?
- Do you believe in God or a higher power?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- What in life are you especially grateful for?
- What is the meaning of life for you – in one sentence?
- If you could slip into the body of another person for one day, who would you choose and why? (= You have full control over his/her actions.)
- If you could slip into the mind of another person for a day, who would you choose and why? (= The person acts freely, you are secret witness to all thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations.)
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you (…and you are willing to share with me ;-))?
- Are you working in your dream job? If not, what would be your dream job and why?
- What would be your nightmare job and why?
- What is the most boring topic in the world for you?
- What is the most interesting topic in the world for you?
- What does friendship mean to you?
Of course, you can freely modify these 50 questions for the friends’ question game and add your own 😉
5 Rule Variations
- You simply take turns asking each other questions, or if there are more than 2 players, you can ask the same question to different players. The player whose turn it is may also choose whom to ask the question, but make sure there is a balance. This variant is not about points, but only about the fun of the questions.
- A draw is made to see who starts with questions. Whoever asks is allowed to write down 3 possible answers on a piece of paper that they think the interviewee would give. After answering, the cards are turned over and if one of the answers was correct in meaning (the exact wording is not important), the questioner gets a point. In addition, he or she may continue to ask questions until he or she fails to guess an answer. It is important in this variant that everyone is really honest. If you deliberately tell something wrong so that someone doesn’t score points, it doesn’t work 😉
- Variation for 4 or more players (the more the better): A question is read out in turn. Each player (including the reader) writes down his or her personal answer on a piece of paper, which is folded up, placed in the middle of the table and shuffled. The reader for this round now reads out all the answers in random order. Who gave which answer remains a mystery. (Those who read out the answers and know their friends’ handwriting well may have a suspicion, but are not allowed to say anything).
- Like Variation 3 only this time you also write your name on the slip of paper. After the reading aloud, the player to the left of the reader has to guess who gave which answer. The reader checks whether the answer is correct and, if possible, puts on a poker face. Because only if the guessing player has correctly assigned all the answers does he get a point.
- Another variant for more than 2 players: At the beginning, everyone writes 5 questions on slips of paper, which are folded, shuffled and placed in a pile in the middle of the table. Then it’s a round robin: you draw a random question and have to answer it. (If you want you can allow to put back a question you wrote yourself and draw another one.)
And now have fun with the question game for friends! Who knows how well you really know your friends? 😉
On Abenteuer Freundschaft you can find many more ideas for board game tips, as well as all kinds of activities with friends, but also for couples or for the whole family.
You don’t want to miss any idea from Abenteuer Freundschaft from now on? Stay up to date by following us on Facebook or visit us on Instagram! 🙂
*This post contains so-called affiliate links. That means, if you order something through it, we get a commission without changing the price.
Abstract art is hilarious? Bullshit?!? In the Artbox drawing game, you often find yourself laughing and shaking your head, and you're happy as a lark when the points start hailing in.
Break in until you break out! In this galactic exit game for the home, you have to penetrate deep into the forbidden zone. And in 3D! Alien encounters included...
Harkuna is an open game world in which you can develop your character and experience numerous different adventures. Ideal for gamebook beginners!
Are you a policeman, a shark hunter, an oceanographer or even Jaws? In this game, players slip into the roles of the famous blockbuster. The outcome is uncertain!
Almost everyone has broken a sweat playing City Country River. At the same time, the game is an absolute classic, which is still fun even if you play it for the 1000th time. Nevertheless, we felt like a change and have come up with 3 new variants. Find out more here!
There are rarely games that do something completely new, Dixit does just that! You can find out why we were immediately enthusiastic about the board game here in the review.