This famous movie quotes quiz uses quotes from cult films and classics – and is ideal for any film fan who wants to test their knowledge! If you’ve been waiting for the right moment – it’s come! 😉
Do you remember with which sentence of Jack Sparrow the original Pirates of the Caribbean movie ends? Team quizzing in pubs and bars in competition with others or at home with friends makes for laughs, head shaking and some, “Oh shit – I knew that!” It’s just a hell of a lot of fun to rack your brains and maybe learn something interesting you’ve never heard before – there’s a reason Who Wants to be a Millionaire is one of the most successful TV shows in the world!
This famous Movie Quotes Quiz is a great way to start a perfect movie night – or series night together until the early hours of the morning. On Abenteuer Freundschaft you will also find our recommendations with exciting adventure movies, the best summer movies, the most beautiful films about friendship and more. We got our friends in the right mood before watching an absolute western classic in film history – Play Me the Song of Death – with this movie quotes quiz. Before watching the film together, simply print out the questions and answers or call them up on your mobile phone and see how firmly the John Waynes sit in the quiz saddle. But don’t worry, you won’t be asked for any special knowledge about completely unknown films, instead the quotes are almost all from cult films or classics.
If you listen carefully – or read carefully – you can sometimes work with the exclusion principle, because some of the statements or names give an indication of famous film heroes and the film! 🙂
There remains only to say: I’m trying to free your mind Neo. But I can only show you the door. You have to go through it alone! Sure – that was Matrix. 😉
The complete famous movie quotes quiz with all questions and answers can be downloaded here as a PDF!
1. For jumps from great heights you need oxygen and stabilisers. I have to say, compared to your other queries, jumping out of a plane is rather ‘conservative’! – And if I want to get back in the plane…? – I recommend a good travel agent! – …while it’s flying. – Sounds more like you already, Mister Wayne!
a) The quote is clearly from Superman Returns (2006).
b) This quote is from The Dark Knight (2008).
c) It comes from the John Wayne film Rio Bravo (1959).
d) … or from the John Wayne film Cahill United States Marshall (1973).
2. Flee, ye fools!
a) This is what Gandalf says in the Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001-2003) when he plunges the Balrog into the depths.
b) This is what Niels the pelican says to Nemo in the animated film Finding Nemo (2003).
c) This famous quote comes from Frank just before the showdown in Once Upon a Time in the West (1969).
d) Tragischer Ausspruch im Kriegsfilm Apokalypse Now (1979)
3. I was wearing a watermelon.
a) From the film drama Blue Lagoon (1980).
b) Or the cult film Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1970).
c) From Dirty Dancing (1987).
d) Or from the cult romantic comedy Harry und Sally (1989).
4. Since the little green wisecracker Yoda from Star Wars is so well known, the big movie quotes quiz question is: Which movie is this quote from? – Judging by my height, do you?
a) Star Wars Episode II, Attack of the Clones (2002).
b) Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (1983).
c) Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015).
d) Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980).
5. It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses.
a) John Belushi in Blues Brothers (1980).
b) Thelma to Louise in Thelma & Louise (1991).
c) Mallory to Mickey Mallone in National Borne Killers (1994).
d) Bonnie to Clyde in Bonnie & Clyde (1967).
6. I spit in your eyes and blind you!
a) The quote is from the King Arthur episode in Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975).
b) The quote is from the Sir Galahad episode in Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975).
c) It appears in 12 Monkeys (1995).
d) Mr. Bean says in Bean (1997).
7. If you try to escape I have six little friends who can all run faster than you.
a) This is from the ganster film, vampire horror film, splatter film and somehow also humorous road movie From Dusk Till Dawn (1996).
b) From the western Unforgiven (1992) starring Clint Eastwood.
c)From the remake of the cult western The Magnificent Seven (2016).
d) From the comedy Lucky Luke (2009).
8. They may take our lives, but they never take our freedom!
a) From the Sci-Fi-Film Independence Day (1996).
b) From the cult film Braveheart (1995).
c) From Steven Spielbergs Schindler’s List (1993).
d) It’s from The Patriot (2000).
9. Marty, you must learn to think 4-dimensionally!
a) From Mad Max – Fury Road (2015).
b) Famous film quote from E.T – the Extra-Terrestrial (1982).
c) It’s from Back to the Future (1985).
d) Or from Blade Runner (1982).
10. Hasta la vista, baby says Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2 – everyone probably knows that. But which Arnold Schwarzenegger film is this line from? – If I have to choose between their faith and my nine-millimetre, I’ll take my gun.
a) Kindergarten Cop (1990).
b) Total Recall (1990).
c) End of Days (1999).
d) Last Action Hero (1994).
11. … and the next time someone asks you if you are a god, you say: YES!
a) Beverley Hills Cop (1984).
b) A Fish Called Wanda (1988).
c) Ghostbusters (1984).
d) The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! (1988).
12. There is always an alien battleship, a cosmic death laser or an intergalactic plague that wants to wipe out life on this miserable planet!
a) Mars Attacks! (1996).
b) The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (2005).
c) Brazil (1985).
d) Men in Black (1997).
13. Isn’t there anyone else you can get on your nerves with, friends, family, poisonous reptiles?
a) Ice Age (2002).
b) Inside Out (2015).
c) Nightmare before Christmas (1993).
d) Shrek (2001).
14. We get the warhead and we hold the world ransom for…. One million dollars.
a) From the Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill movie Banana Joe (1981).
b) Or from Double Trouble (1984)?
c) The Wing or the Tigh (1976) with the french comedian Louis de Funès
d) Our from Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)
15. Men and women can never be friends. Sex always gets in their way!
a) Notting Hill (1999)
b) Harry und Sally (1989)
c) 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
d) Pretty Woman (1990)
You can find the correct answers here in the PDF version of the movie quotes quiz!
On Abenteuer Freundschaft you will find many more board game tips and more quizzes and ideas for activities with friends, with kids and with your partner!
Don’t miss any more ideas from Abenteuer Freundschaft? No problem: just follow us on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to our newsletter.
Image source Cover image: © Universum Film – Pulp Fiction (1994)
How well do you really know your friends? In this friends' question game, you'll discover new sides to even your best friends and learn some secrets!
Get into conversation with people you hardly know quickly. And learn amazing things in the process. It's surprisingly easy with get-to-know-you bingo.
Chuck Norris doesn't play, he wins! Are you emulating him, or will you be under the table after the first round of this drinking game?
Abstract art is hilarious? Bullshit?!? In the Artbox drawing game, you often find yourself laughing and shaking your head, and you're happy as a lark when the points start hailing in.
Break in until you break out! In this galactic exit game for the home, you have to penetrate deep into the forbidden zone. And in 3D! Alien encounters included...
Harkuna is an open game world in which you can develop your character and experience numerous different adventures. Ideal for gamebook beginners!