57 tips for bad weather activities, with which you have fun in the rain: at home, out but covered or outdoors!
It’s summer, it’s the weekend, your friends or family finally all have time and you have resolved to use the opportunity to do something really cool again and then … it rains.
But rain is no reason to despair and hide your head under the covers. With these 57 tips for really cool bad-weather activities, you’ll be in a good mood and have fun on any rainy day, whether at home, indoors under a protective roof or outdoors!
13 Outdoor Bad Weather Activities – Fun in the Rain Under the Open Sky
Not only accepting the rain, but embracing it with enthusiasm – that’s the right attitude for all outdoor fans, nature boys (and girls) and anyone who doesn’t want to let the weather dictate if and when they go out!
- Go rafting – You’ll get soaking wet anyway.
- City walk in the rain – No problem with a big umbrella and guaranteed more space on the sidewalks.
- Rain walk in nature – Feel the wet lawn barefoot or be a child again and jump wildly through puddles.
- Photo safari in the rain – photograph reflections in puddles, window panes with drops beading down, crowds with umbrellas, etc. and capture the soft melancholy of summer rain
- Picking mushrooms in the woods – When it rains they just sprout and from June the summer boletus grows!
- Jogging in the rain – in any case, you are guaranteed not to be soaked with sweat
- Diving in lake or other water
- Quad biking through mud and rain
- Dirt bike riding
- Stand Up Paddling
- Guerrilla Picnicking in the Rain – Under bridges, ledges, shelters in the forest, at bus stops or in pavilions in the park: With rain gear, portable music and a thermos full of grog you are well equipped ?
- Rain barbecue
- Rain frisbee with an XXL frisbee disc
23 Indoor Bad-Weather Activities – Cool Activities Under a Protective Roof
Second possibility: you leave the house and experience an adventure – but covered, protected from wind and weather in the dry.
- Escape Room / Escape Game – Free yourselves together from an Escape Room, solve tricky puzzles and exciting tasks and immerse yourself in a very special atmosphere.
- Indoor Paintball
- Black light mini golf – Dive into a luminous dream world and swing the club
- Floating – drift off into total relaxation
- Enjoy pure wellness in a thermal spa
- Fun in the indoor pool
- Crackling and climbing in the climbing hall
- Let yourself be surprised – in the cinema in the Sneak Preview
- Go to the drive-in cinema and watch retro movies in a different way
- Attend a play, preferably a scandalous one
- Attend a concert, opera or musical
- Get drunk in a karaoke bar and sing songs in a contest
- Go to a museum again – why not try our museum challenge?
- Go back to the library and find inspiration in novels, travel guides, cookbooks and how-to books
- Extensive shopping in the mall
- Flight simulator or racing simulator
- Go old school karting
- Play indoor cross boccia
- Going to a pub quiz with friends
- Trying out an experience restaurant, e.g. dinner in the dark or mystery dinner
- Browse in a rustic café or an Asian tea room in a special atmosphere
- Buy a streetcar ticket for the day, travel in circles or back and forth, and play fun games while doing so!
21 Bad Weather Activities at Home – The Hottest Events in Your Own Four Walls
- Host your own trivia night, ever played a culinary quiz with a taste test?
- Bingewatching with an awesome tv-show
- Movie night
- Challenge your friends to a cooking challenge
- Playing pantomime
- Play mafia / werewolves
- Have a house rallye
- Have an Olympics game at home
- Call a game night
- Have a theme party at home
- Make your own videos at home
- Invite people to a contest of the best Wii U party games
- Host a darts tournament at home with different dart variations
- Play the ladder ball game at home
- Do fun fitness sports together like Piloxing or Zumba
- Have a picnic in your own living room
- Reminisce nostalgically with others – everyone brings an old photo album and talks about the past
- Doing crafts together – ideal with kids, but adults also enjoy challenging crafts like origami
- Singstar evening
- Host a private wine tasting party with your best friends
- Chocolate fondue with summer fruit
And if the sun does shine? We have ideas for that too! Take a look at our tips for summer activities as well as around the year for activities with friends, couples or family.
And if you like our ideas and don’t want to miss any more – it’s easy: follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. 😉